Portable Headphone Recommendations
Jun 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Zackyis

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I've been digging around Head-fi for quite some time now and finally decided to post here.
My trusty Sennheiser PX100's died on me so now I'm looking for another set of portable headphones. I'm currently set on Sennheiser PX 100 II-i's and PX 200 II-i's(mine were 1st gen so technically they're different :p). I can't seem to find any other portable headphones which seem to give style as well as sound quality. I'm just looking for some good base and some nice highs ( I'm not an audiophile so I really can't tell whether the soundstage is good or if it sounds neutral/warm). Isolation is not required as I want to be able to hear the surrounding as I walk, but it would be nice to have. Just wondering if there are any other portable headphones which I might have missed. And my budget is around $100.
Thanks!!

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi everyone, I've been digging around Head-fi for quite some time now and finally decided to post here.
My trusty Sennheiser PX100's died on me so now I'm looking for another set of portable headphones. I'm currently set on Sennheiser PX 100 II-i's and PX 200 II-i's(mine were 1st gen so technically they're different :p). I can't seem to find any other portable headphones which seem to give style as well as sound quality. I'm just looking for some good base and some nice highs ( I'm not an audiophile so I really can't tell whether the soundstage is good or if it sounds neutral/warm). Isolation is not required as I want to be able to hear the surrounding as I walk, but it would be nice to have. Just wondering if there are any other portable headphones which I might have missed. And my budget is around $100.
Thanks!!

If you search for something PX100 style, then I suggest trying the AKG K420 or Jays V-Jays. Both they're better sound quality than the (muddy) PX 100 II.

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Beyerdynamic DTX501p has nice reviews everywhere. You should probably read about them.

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back