Portable Headphone combo that gets LOUD
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nokialover

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have the beyerdynamic custom one pro's, but for me they do not get loud enough.  I was at the apple store the other day, and tried beats to check volume, and they got much louder than my laptop at max volume could.  So I realized it is the headphones.  Are there any headphones that are comparable to the COP that get louder.  I heard a lot of good things about Ultra HFI 780,but not sure about anything else.  If there is any combo with a portable amp or other headphone that would work, I would like to know.  Thanks. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 8
 I'm no audiophile, however from my understanding any amp paired with headphones and a source will drive up the volume of the headphones. If this is all you wish for then i suppose any inexpensive amp should do the trick.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 8
If you simply want louder get a headphone with the sound signature you like with the highest sensitivity rating.  The higher the sensitivity the easier it will be to get the headphone louder.  You may want to check if volume limiting is turned on before investing in anything else.  If you are in the $100 range anyway why not go with a portable headphone amp / DAC like the Total Bithead and cure the problem altogether?

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Well I also will need a pair of headphones that fold up, so I will look into buying another pair soon.  I want a combo that gets louder, so if there are any amps I should get that can cure the problem, I will get one.   What is total bithead?

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Well I also will need a pair of headphones that fold up, so I will look into buying another pair soon.  I want a combo that gets louder, so if there are any amps I should get that can cure the problem, I will get one.   What is total bithead?

To me it's a little too big to be portable.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I currently have the beyerdynamic custom one pro's, but for me they do not get loud enough.  I was at the apple store the other day, and tried beats to check volume, and they got much louder than my laptop at max volume could.  So I realized it is the headphones.  Are there any headphones that are comparable to the COP that get louder.  I heard a lot of good things about Ultra HFI 780,but not sure about anything else.  If there is any combo with a portable amp or other headphone that would work, I would like to know.  Thanks. 

Heya,

I find it too easy to make the COP too loud with several amps I've used. Just buy a little amplifier. The Fiio E6 or E11 for example.

Very best,

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 8
So any amp will make the COP louder? okay I will buy the filio E11 then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back