portable headphone amplifier with balance control OR seperate volume pot for each channel
May 27, 2016 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, i suffer from a slight imbalance in hearing and want some method of balancing the output.

I have looked at the availability of inline controls and there appears to be nothing portable (other than ones with extremely long cables), i have also searched for portable amps that have balance control - again with no success.

This is not an unknown issue (hearing imbalance) and i am amazed that no-one has come up with a solution that is portable.

If anyone can help i would be grateful OR if anyone making portable headphone amps can fit 2 volume controls - one for each channel?

thanks

david

May 27, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't have it on me right now, but the Sound Blaster E5 is capable of doing this, don't know if it can be configured from mobile but definitely on PC. Also, if you have an iPhone, accessibility options has a balance section.

Apr 25, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Hi there,

I see that this thread is quite old, but maybe you're still looking for the solution...

There are extension cables with individual volume control for each channel. You can use whatever amp and headphone you want with that.
No need to buy an expensive amp.

Hope this helps.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 8
I am super curious about what cables you are speaking about.

Hi there,

I see that this thread is quite old, but maybe you're still looking for the solution...

There are extension cables with individual volume control for each channel. You can use whatever amp and headphone you want with that.
No need to buy an expensive amp.

Hope this helps.

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 8
There are quite a few music apps that allow volume balance to be controlled by software, also the Fiio Q5 dac/amp has an accompanying iOS app that allows this as well. Can't think of any with hardware control.

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, that's the niche case for me. When using my computer or iOS apps, it is quite workable.

But when trying to watch TV using headphones, I haven't quite solved it. I think I am going to have to go with a SENNHEISER HZR 62 Headphone cable extension lead with in-line volume control because that inline control is adjustable per ear/ channel. Of course, this is now out of product except when bundled with a headphone I'm not really interested in, so gotta risk the old flea-bay etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back