Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Feb 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 704

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Head Fiers friends 

i want share brand new amp from Japan at Fujiavic store .
they claim Wagnus is the best sounding portable amp on earth ?

List Price 95 000 yen including tax (99 750 yen including tax)  = ca $ 1200 usd 

wagnus is the most expensive portable amp too .

please see the information below 

# Hpfes whole picture and photo publishing professional sound "Bialbero Epsilon S" has been completed

I was finally tomorrow! 

Fall Festival 2012 headphones! ! 

Then and 

I had become barely 

Is the culmination of. With Toneflake WAGNUS 

Information and sales of portable headphone amplifier "Bialbero Epsilon S" 

We publish the whole picture. 

Bialbero Epsilon S exhibited and sold at the festival to start headphone is sold first-come, first-served basis in the two sales, merchandise available for purchase at the booth of our big Fujiya agent. Be sold yet undecided, Bialbero Epsilon type of IC is only sold Epsilon S is a top-end model of type discrete amplifier circuit. 

For delivery has become a last minute, because it is not listed in the list of our product sales agent Fujiya Vic, please ask you to tell the staff, however. 

It should be noted that, since the delivery schedule will be sold out after 11/9 in the order of reservation. Since it will be the end of November and delivery schedule (also limited to three). Also the time of booking, please book such as e-mail or our staff of Big Fujiya agent. In addition, Please note we can not accept bookings directly in WAGNUS. 

Below, it will be more data and information on this amp Kininaru now. Please refer to. 

■ Portable Headphone Amplifier "Bialbero Epsilon S" for the best professional studio that was developed in collaboration with professional custom manufacturer "Toneflake" 

Portable Headphone Amplifier "Bialbero Epsilon S" is a machine for the professional who devotes his life to the reproduction of the sound image is obtained in exactly the spot WAGNUS. With Toneflake who knows the site of a professional recording studio. Design and draw a line, aimed at the regeneration capacity of the high-frequency range and painless natural liveliness of mid and low-frequency tuning and rich in commercially available portable headphone amplifier. Sound to be finished by one by one carefully tuned sound field is positive. 

Bialbero pinnacle of the series, such as the further drove amplifier power circuit configuration parts from prototype "Bialbero Proto1" to be released in the 20s limited, became the talk this spring "Bialbero Epsilon S" this. Natural and musical sound. High-quality output to exhaustively with all the bands in the ultra-wide range, has a top-notch professional sound quality clear and overwhelming sense of separation also sound localization. This is the definitive professional sound WAGNUS. With Toneflake that pursues the goodness of quality has been thoroughly introduced vast experience in professional audio (pro commercial studio). 

■ Bialbero Epsilon S (top version discrete amplifier circuit type) 

5% consumption tax as of October 2012 
List Price 95 000 yen including tax (99 750 yen including tax) 

■ Specifications 
INPUT JACK analog 3.5mm stereo 
OUTPUT JACK analog 6.3mm stereo 

IMPEDANCE 

INPUT: nominal 40KΩ 
OUTPUT: 16 ~ 100Ω 

POWER SOURCE 

Power with SPP (SUPER PRECISION PSU calibrated at 25mw 1khz) 
DC2.4V ~ 3.6V recommend NiH AA battery × 2 DC2.4V 
battery life 2000ma / h battery minimum 4hrs 
maximum output level @ 68Ω ≒ 2.5V 

Vol knob BODY FINISH White anodized red anodized finish 

Always! Please read! WARNING! WARNING! 

Bialbero Epsilon S may be damage to the device because it is a sensitive element is used at the input, and connected to the equipment with DC leakage over a long period of time. Connection with the equipment of leakage DC Please note the following points for the unexpected. If you have trouble with it leaking DC equipment is leaking so bad it will be repaired at a reasonable charge even within the warranty period. 

Please avoid as much as possible are able to connect more than 30 minutes (0.7V) voltage higher than the DC700mv. 

What sort of models corresponding to it, I do not know the manufacturer does not tell you bad information basically. Measured by yourself, please. Tester to measure the way, please use the JIS standard ones with high accuracy. In the el cheapo about 1000 yen and it does not can measure accurately. It should be noted that Apple's product lineup in the United States until October 2012, problems such as leakage DC has not been confirmed. 

Because it is equipped with a power SPP, Bialbero Epsilon S please do not put the battery supply voltage is equal to or greater than DC3.6V also like. Broken. Recommended supply voltage is up to DC2.4V ~ 3.6V. 

Toneflake 

(~ Day autumn festival headphones) Sat 10/27 () Fujiya er Big Ltd. Handling: 

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 704
doesn't look like a $1200 amp.. 

& very funny english 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 704
Quote:
doesn't look like a $1200 amp.. 

& very funny english 
bigsmile_face.gif

You are right , it is very expensive .

It was from google translate  
biggrin.gif

http://translate.google.co.id/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://wagnus.exblog.jp/19104690&prev=/search%3Fq%3DWAGNUS.%2BBialbero%2BEpsilon%2BS%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26tbo%3Dd&sa=X&ei=skARUbDXKYbRrQe6oYGoAg&ved=0CDMQ7gEwAA

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 704
My friend best set up just arrived yesterday :
source : ibasso HDPR 1 Japan version

amp : Wagnus Bialbero Epsilon S Japan best SQ portable amplifier 
headphone : ultrasone Romeo Edition

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 704
My Wagnus amp just arrived today

Source : AK 120
IBasso HDP R 10
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Audeze LCD 3
Cable : 8 pcs mini to mini

SQ :

Out the box SQ so heavenly :D

High : so spacious , very detail and very good clarity
Mid : sweet and very clear
Bass : is the strongest point from Wagnus.
Very detail, very deep bass impact and very fast and clean bass sounding .
Separation : very good that you can hear more clear from the instrument at the right place
Soundstage : very wide , toll and very good in depth , 3 D soundstage
Background : very black background

Conclusion :
Wagnus is my best portable amp to date
It is very excellent for headphone only , for iem to powerful .
I can not believe Wagnus run only with 2 x 1,5 Volt. AA size battery
The SQ so excellent and powerful.

Open the box :

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 704
That is pushing the definition of 'transportable' never mind 'portable'! I imagine such a large case is good for heat displacement?

You are right
Wagnus is more as transportable amp than portable , because of the big size .
The weight Iyan self is lighter than my HDP R10
I don't know why they make Wagnus so big :D

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 704
I've never heard of the Wagnus. Hey Rudi could you throw up a link to a site or maybe online seller I'm curious to read more about it.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 704
I was interested in this a while back but I was told it is not suitable for IEM users at all. Congrats Rudi I am sure it will be great for your headphones.

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #15 of 704
+1

Any comparisons with the Lisa II, Pico Power or Portaphile 627 would be great.

Cheers,
Andy.

Quote:
Hi Rudi

Any more impressions now that you had it for a while? Any comparison to existing portable or desktop amps that you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back