Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Jul 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #496 of 704
My exteeeme transportable set Up :D

Source : AK 100 Final Audio Design Edition
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Preamp : Wagnus Tube preamp Valvola
Amp: Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : LCD 3 Fazor With SAA Endorphin balance 4 PIN + adapter 4 Pin to 6,3 mm
Cable :
Alo Copper : RCA to mini plug
Shunyata Ztron Anaconda : RCA to RCA use adapter Monster RCA to mini plug

Set Up A :
Source : AK 100 FAD
Preamp : Wagnus Tube pre amp Valvola
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : LCD 3 F

Set Up B :
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo

Set Up C
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo us DAC Section Only
Preamp : Wagnus Tube pre amp Valvola
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S

The Best SQ from set Up A, B and C as follow

Set Up C > set Up B > set Up A

Note :
Use Shunyata RCA Ztrone Anaconda The SQ different huge compare to Alo RCA
With AK 240 SQ is much better

My desktop set Up :
Source : AK 240
Desktop Amp,: Mass Ko Bo 394
Cable :
Shunyata Ztrone Anaconda
Headphone : LCD 3 Fazor

Mupy Desk top set Up sound quality is The ultimate fidelity sound quality

These portable / transportable set Up A , B and C can not chalemge My Desktop Set Up

IMO

Set Up C :
Source : AK 120 Titan. Mod
SQ : improved compare AK 100 FAD , Fuller sound has better bass body and bass impact , wider soundstage

So the tube amp increase the power. Without the tube preamp, epsilon s not enough juice to power LcD-3F?

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #497 of 704
So the tube amp increase the power. Without the tube preamp, epsilon s not enough juice to power LcD-3F?

The preamp seems to work on 1:1 power ratio, meaning it does not alter the signal vrm, the changes that it is likely doing is giving it the tube amp which can be rewarding based on wagnus amp fully discrete design.

Any warm source for wagnus should help the amp sound feels more fuller.

Jul 5, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #498 of 704
The preamp seems to work on 1:1 power ratio, meaning it does not alter the signal vrm, the changes that it is likely doing is giving it the tube amp which can be rewarding based on wagnus amp fully discrete design.

Any warm source for wagnus should help the amp sound feels more fuller.

I have a240 as source. Got LCD-3 on order, wanna look for an portable amp to pair with, wondering is it better just get LCD-X, easier to find an amp. Fickle minded :p

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #501 of 704
I have a240 as source. Got LCD-3 on order, wanna look for an portable amp to pair with, wondering is it better just get LCD-X, easier to find an amp. Fickle minded :p

All Audeze headphones LCD X , LCD XC and LCD 3 F can pair very Good With Wagnus Epsilon S Only .
If you add Wagnus Tube pre amp Valvola , like Audionewbi told you The sound quality is Fuller
And more 3 D soundstage and mid Become very sweet , detail increae too
You Will hear on Your headphone more detail before
LCD X is Slightly darker from these 3 Audeze headphones and has The widest soundstage
LCD 3F has Fuller sound , The soundstage is not as big as LCD X , has The sweetest mid and creamy mid , The bass can going very Deep .
LCD XC is the brightest from these 3 headphones .

IMO

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #502 of 704
mr rudi is audez master, don't doubt his setup.

No doubt his the master, his audio gears just kept coming.

Hugo + tube preamp + wagnus is kinda out of reach for me now >_<

Thank you Two of you

These set Up is to much For transportable set Up
Seeteeyou ask about Which Amps Section is better Wagnus or Chord Hugo
My goal is Only to test that Wagnus + pre amp has better SQ than Hugo amp
IMO

Jul 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #503 of 704
Thank you Two of you

These set Up is to much For transportable set Up
Seeteeyou ask about Which Amps Section is better Wagnus or Chord Hugo
My goal is Only to test that Wagnus + pre amp has better SQ than Hugo amp
IMO

A chord hugo would be a much simpler setup although wagnus tube pre-amp + epsilon gave a better sound.

I usually listen on my bed.

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #504 of 704
A chord hugo would be a much simpler setup although wagnus tube pre-amp + epsilon gave a better sound.

I usually listen on my bed.

I do most of my listening at home and on my bed too. That' s why SQ is my primary objective.

IMO, since this Wagnus pre+amp setup produces fuller sound, it excels in the vocal region as well. Listened to a some vocal tracks last night and was captivated by the power and emotions of Diana Krall, Tracy Chapman, Peter Cetera and Aaron Neville.
DX90>Wagnus Pre>Wagnus S>N6> vocal is excellent.

Jul 5, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #507 of 704
I am in search for a good DAC/DAP for wagnus. I am quiet happy how wagnus pairs with my dynamic gears. I am not a fan of headphone, TH900 is more than enough for me. 

Only headphone i own was a Grado SR125. It became a white elephant 6 years ago. Will give it a shot later and see how it goes.
Yap, observed yours mostly dynamic gears. Currently, mine mostly BA. I was actually a Shure fanboy in my younger days.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #508 of 704
I do most of my listening at home and on my bed too. That' s why SQ is my primary objective.

IMO, since this Wagnus pre+amp setup produces fuller sound, it excels in the vocal region as well. Listened to a some vocal tracks last night and was captivated by the power and emotions of Diana Krall, Tracy Chapman, Peter Cetera and Aaron Neville.
DX90>Wagnus Pre>Wagnus S>N6> vocal is excellent.

I am agree With you
Me and 7 friends Who heard these set Up :
Wagnus Epsioon S + Tube pre amp Valvola = excellent And like desktop SQ
No ones Said is not Good

We have also compared Two Wagnus
My Prototype 000 vs My friends Wagnus too
And as Headphone We used : Fpstex TH 900
And iems : Final Audio Design Lab 1

All iems and headphone pair With Wagnus set Up always better , never heard before so kind OF sound quality
Except pair With My Mass Ko Bo 394 desktop amp

IMO

Jul 6, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #509 of 704
I found my N6 flare better without the Evo pad as compare to my 8A and VE6. The preamp really break the N6 to another level.

And that Grado heahphone is a disappointment. Less than 30secs on Aaron Neville's That's the Way She Loves is good enough to red-carded it. Not sure why I bought it in the first place.

Are you the one in that blue shirt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back