Portable Headphone Amp
Jan 26, 2009 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Blackneat

New Head-Fier
Hi.
I'm a real newbie on this head-fi lifestyle, so please excuse me if i sound like I got no clue about this..

Anyway. I have pre - ordered my HD 800, but i still need a headphone amp for portable use with my PXC 450(Sennheiser). I know y'all hate the noicecancelling sort of cans, but i needed a pair for my on-the-go travel use, but they play don't play loud enough for my taste, as they sat down the original limit 30 - 40%.

I need advice on a portable headphone amp that will fit the PXC 450 good, or..great. And if it matters, i don't use the noice cancellation fuction much at all. Just at loud busses and airplanes, so I'd like some amp that fit the sennheiser PXC 450, without the NC as i experienced that it reduced sound quality.

My budget lies around 150 bucks.. 200MAXIMUM no more.. But preferably even less than 150 bucks. Thanks. I use eBay

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 2
One of the Cmoys is a good place to start. Cheap, simple, and you can make one yourself if that's of interest to you. I just made three using jdslabs.com printed circuit boards. Actually, if you want one, I'll sell one to you. Check out his website and let me know if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back