Portable headphone amp with 2 individually controlled inputs?
Jul 8, 2010 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

vii_haven

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a portable headphone amplifier with 2 individually controlled inputs that will both function at the same time.

I've been looking around but the best i found is multiple inputs but only 1 will function at any time, and they're not individually controlled. 

Was wondering if anyone here knows of something like that. 

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi,

What you are looking for is more like a stereo mixer?

Kind of an odd feature to have for a portable headphone amp. 

Jack

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
I am looking for a portable headphone amplifier with 2 individually controlled inputs that will both function at the same time.

I've been looking around but the best i found is multiple inputs but only 1 will function at any time, and they're not individually controlled. 

Was wondering if anyone here knows of something like that. 

Perhaps you need something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-Jack-3-5mm-Double-Out-Audio-Splitter-Adapter-/290444459503?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item439fd6bdef.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies

MrProggie: I'm definitely not looking for something like that. I need 2 individual inputs that can be controlled by their own volume knobs.

JackMicca: Its sort of like a stereo mixer, but i don't want to have to carry a large mixer device around, was hoping to have something that's amped and around the size of a headphone amplifier as well. I haven't seen anything like that around so that's why i'm asking. :)

Anyone else?

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 5
I have tried looking for the same thing a few years back, to no avail. The closest thing I found (and used, it was pretty handy) was called the Doublet headphone amplifier. It came as a kit and had 2 separate volume pots on the output, but only 1 input (source sharing for two people).

The 2-input mixer i ended up just building myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back