Portable Headphone Amp under $100?
May 20, 2006 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DoYouRight

Headphoneus Supremus
Ive been lookin for a little bit at some cheaper headphone amps. Im new to the whole amp deal. I just got some shure e3g's and i use a 5G ipod. Im curious what you guys think. I was thinkin maybe a little dot micro or pa2v2 and getting a turbodock whenever i can. Which amp would fit best with what I have in your oppinions.

May 21, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 5
If you purchase the Little Dot Micro+ or the PA2v2 new, you will have the opportunity to request that the gain be set to accomodate your IEMs. The standard default gain setting for the PA2v2 is accomodating for IEMs according to the builder. When you purchase the Little Dot Micro+ from EBay, the seller will contact you asking about the gain setting. Both amps are ideally suited to IEMs so you should not have a problem with your Shures.

May 21, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_monkey
If you purchase the Little Dot Micro+ or the PA2v2 new, you will have the opportunity to request that the gain be set to accomodate your IEMs. The standard default gain setting for the PA2v2 is accomodating for IEMs according to the builder. When you purchase the Little Dot Micro+ from EBay, the seller will contact you asking about the gain setting. Both amps are ideally suited to IEMs so you should not have a problem with your Shures.

Yes I agree. And should you later need to change the setting again you can contact Gary and he will do it w/o a problem. Gary has great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back