Portable headphone amp - to use with mobile phone, laptop, and optical out from TV for £200 - possible?
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gubar

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm wondering if I can get something for my requirement, for £200 or less.

It does not need to be portable in the sense that I want to use it outdoors - I won't - but I'd like to take it from one room to another.

I'd like it to work with my pixel 4a 5g (spotify, downloaded music files) via USB-C. I'd also like to be able to take it and plug it into my laptop. Finally, I'd like to be able to plug my TV, via optical, into it, to listen to movies from built in Amazon Prime and Netflix apps, and also for when I game using PS4 and eventually PS5.

For now, the headphones I have are HD560s and X2hr. I'd perhaps upgrade in the future, to some ability with harder to drive headphones too, if possible.

Can I get something like this for £200 or less?

Many thanks,

g

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Personally this is brilliant. Im using one now with my new Focal Utopia in bed but mainly for portable.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/xcan/

Abyss bundle this with the Diana V2 so they must also rate it.

I say this with confidence that the sound is excellent for what it is..
I have one brand new in box that may be available this week, im just waiting for the purchaser elsewhere to confirm, if he doesn't, ill advise you the link for classified as I will sell for £230, with shipping and PayPal fees paid by myself for your protection but obviously if this product works for your necessity.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi,

thank you for the suggestion. I have though, just ordered something which I've read about - a xduoo xd-05 plus, which seems to fit my needs and get good reviews.

Thanks,

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back