Portable headphone amp for iphone 6 plus
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #16 of 31
I'd like to point out that the Lightning to 30 pin adapter is essentially a DAC, probably of questionable quality. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And honestly I don't think you'll get better sound through buying an amp or amp/dac and IMO you are doing yourself a disfavour.

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 31
Really so it wouldn't help me at all? I have also been looking at the hifi skin someone mentioned before and that seems like it would be great but my trip will be mid February to end of March. Wouldn't the concept be the same with what I want to accomplish compared to something like the hifi skin or will that not make any difference like what I'm trying to do here?

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #18 of 31
Get the headphones you want and try them with your phone. If you get plenty of volume, then the additional amp or a dac/amp may make very little difference.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #21 of 31
I don't think that's a good idea for the following reasons:

1. there's no hifi skyn for iphone 6 plus. only iphone 6.
2. even if they make a skyn for the 6+, are you really willing to spend hundreds for dollars for a device that only works with the current version of iphone? what if the next iphone is going to have a different shape?

I am also looking for a solution. I keep reading on how good is the internal DAC of the iphone 6/6+ is but I hear a huge difference when I listen to the same music via audioquest dragonfly on my pc and when I use the iphone. the iphone just doesn't have the clarity and sound separation I like.

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #23 of 31
You can't as such. You'll need a DAC for your iPhone. A popular solution is a lightning to 30 pin converter and 30 pin to 3.5mm jack

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #25 of 31
Probably not. The iPhone jack seems to be audibly transparent from measurements

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #26 of 31
iCan Nano can give you 70+ hours of battery life. 

Of course as mentioned before, you don't need an amp with the headphones you've chosen. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #28 of 31
The iPhone 6 Plus' amp and DAC are superior to almost all existing audiophile gimmicks, even for 600 ohm headphones. This is a scientifically measured fact. Any DAC or amp you attach to it will reduce the sound quality.

Jan 15, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #30 of 31
Why not get the Oppo HA-2 Amp/DAC...then drop the mic and walk of the stage!  The Oppo has great synergy with my 6 Plus. 
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back