Portable Headphone: AKG K26P or Audio Technica ATH-FC7?
May 19, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jambaj0e
I just got my Audio Technica ATH-FC7 today and compared it to my AKG K26PP. Now, I know that the FC7 is not burnt it, but I was a bit dissappointed by the sound quality. It seems that I was able to pick up more nuances with the K26P than the FC7. The FC7 is a bit more muffled and darker, too. The high is less clear and bit rolled off. I listen to a lot of salsa music, and one of my favorite song is Ran Kan Kan by Tito Puente. If you guys know that songs, the is some very discriminating isolated hits in the beginning with the brass section, and I notice that the trumpets sound more natural in more balanced with the lower brass in the K26P than the FC7. On the FC7, the trumpet sounds almost muted and closed up. The accompanying percussions, especially the congas and the klaves, in the main section are also less articulated on the FC7.

I hope that the sound does open up after burning, because for now, salsa sounds better on my K26P, even though the headband's swivel joints is broken

I'm going to be writing up a "How to mod your ATH-FC7." I placed a thin foam piece underneath the earpads and it drastically improved the sound. Less midbass and sweeter mids.

May 19, 2006 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
I lent my P27i AND my A-T F55 on a Thursday to a woman I'd never met; she needed a pair to run a marathon, and I told her to return the two pairs the following Monday. Well, it's been 8 days and I haven't heard from her. She has my business card, but I don't have hers...or her name.

Frankly, I don't miss the K27i! Everything that others have said about them in this thread, I agree with.

I've ordered some Philips HP460s to replace the F55 (both use 40mm drivers). To replace the smaller K27s, it's between the Sony MDR-710LP and the Sennheiser PX200. I've asked on two other threads whether the new white PX200 is improved, like the white PX100. If so, I'll probably go with the PX200, for comfort.

I appreciate the posts about the FC7. It seems that many of us have been curious about them but few have actually used them and reported on them in detail until now. I wanted a pair because it comes in a shade of red that perfectly matches my Viliv P1.

Paul, have you seen this review on ATH-FC7?
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ath-fc7+review

May 19, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #18 of 25
Yeah, I had that thread bookmarked. But not many owners have spoken up compared to the number of owners who voice opinions about the usual suspects.

May 19, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed with the HP460's.

I assume that you're addressing the forum member who began the thread, and not me; you warned me against them here.

May 19, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

I assume that you're addressing the forum member who began the thread, and not me; you warned me against them here.

Yes. The HP460's are great for rock, hip hop, rap, etc.
The only genre I cannot listen to with the HP460 is classical. I have no idea why, but everything sounds a bit hollow when I listen to classical music with them.

May 19, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

I lent my P27i AND my A-T F55 on a Thursday to a woman I'd never met; she needed a pair to run a marathon, and I told her to return the two pairs the following Monday. Well, it's been 8 days and I haven't heard from her. She has my business card, but I don't have hers...or her name.

-Am I the only one baffled by that story? Did a total stranger stop you on the street and ask to borrow TWO pairs of phones!? So many questions, please tell me more
confused.gif

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
Getting my FC7s tomorrow (well.. HQ-1700s actually), can't wait
smily_headphones1.gif

My friend's new K26Ps didn't sound too bad imo. Bassy? Yes.

Hi, what has happened to your HQ 1700s?
Thanx

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:35 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by plam_mk
Hi, what has happened to your HQ 1700s?
Thanx

I have listened to them?
biggrin.gif

They are quite good, i like them. Definitely better for portable use than PX100s/PPs IMO. Even the small bit of isolation helps a lot.

Jun 24, 2006 at 11:38 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatality_
I have listened to them?
biggrin.gif

They are quite good, i like them. Definitely better for portable use than PX100s/PPs IMO. Even the small bit of isolation helps a lot.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

Do you still listen to them. Why are they better than the PX100? Could you please tell me something more about how godd they isolate?
Do not want to snow you with questions, but the information on internet is quite scarce, i can hardly find any reviews. Can you show me some destinations?
thank you once again

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #25 of 25
Hi all sorry to bring up an old thread but i am jambaj0e i am interested to hear what your results are of both the ATH-FC7 and the K26p comparision now since it's been a long time of use for both cans ..

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambaj0e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my Audio Technica ATH-FC7 today and compared it to my AKG K26PP. Now, I know that the FC7 is not burnt it, but I was a bit dissappointed by the sound quality. It seems that I was able to pick up more nuances with the K26P than the FC7. The FC7 is a bit more muffled and darker, too. The high is less clear and bit rolled off. I listen to a lot of salsa music, and one of my favorite song is Ran Kan Kan by Tito Puente. If you guys know that songs, the is some very discriminating isolated hits in the beginning with the brass section, and I notice that the trumpets sound more natural in more balanced with the lower brass in the K26P than the FC7. On the FC7, the trumpet sounds almost muted and closed up. The accompanying percussions, especially the congas and the klaves, in the main section are also less articulated on the FC7.

I hope that the sound does open up after burning, because for now, salsa sounds better on my K26P, even though the headband's swivel joints is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back