Portable, great sounding - but no IEMS! Picks?
May 25, 2007 at 9:19 AM Post #16 of 24
Why would you want to take either the HD25-1 or ATH-ES7 off?
evil_smiley.gif

May 25, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #17 of 24
DT770/80
tongue.gif

Though I suppose the KSC75's more reasonable.

- lk

May 25, 2007 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you want to take either the HD25-1 or ATH-ES7 off?
evil_smiley.gif

Best point made in this entire thread.

May 25, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #19 of 24
Gonna have to agree with the guys who said the Pk1's. They're absolutely fantastic.

May 26, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #21 of 24
Okay, I've ordered.

I have the K81DJ, and it's a fine headphone that works particularly well with the sound of my 5.5g iPod; I felt I needed a sound with a little more sparkle, however, leading to my search. The Yuin is said to have fine sound, but I think I want to stay away from anything that might fatigue my ear canal, given the irritation I sometimes feel with in ear devices.

The Sony is the class of the group, and despite missing a recent sale, the price is still inflated beyoond its value. But it looks like the ES7 has everything - good sound, nice looks, a sparkle, and rave reviews.

May 26, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you are going to be happy with your choice. ATH-ES7 are not the cheapest in the pack, but a good match for iPod and a lot of fun.

i recently came across a thread pointing out that these currently can be purchased from buy.com for an absurdly low price, ~$110 shipped. these are a fun listen and that's an amazing price for the little beauts.

May 26, 2007 at 1:43 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Yuin is said to have fine sound, but I think I want to stay away from anything that might fatigue my ear canal, given the irritation I sometimes feel with in ear devices.

Just so you're aware, the Yuin's don't come close to being in your ear canal. They actually sit completely in your outer ear lobe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back