Portable Gear - Carry Cases / Protection
May 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have a general question for all you transportable gear folks :wink:

How do most of you tend to protect or transport your gear around when you are out and about.....I'm mainly thinking about those of you who maybe have two or three products in your rigs i.e. portable amp / DAC / DAP combos.

I have an ALO National Amp and iPod which fits nicely into a zip around compact camera case (lowepro sort of thing) and it works very well for protecting my gear when I throw into my work bag / laptop bag etc.

However I have just bought (and awaiting delivery of) - ALO Rx Mk3-B amp and an original AlgoRythm Solo DAC which will be used with either a 160gb iPod Classic or iPhone 4S.....or if I'm at home / work an iPad4. Oh and of course an assembly of different cables etc.

Does anyone have a similar size footprint rig and if so what do you carry it around in / what can your recommend? I don't really want to jump up to one of these large size DSLR camera bags.

Cheers Jason

May 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Back when I actually hauled a player separate from my smartphone I just tossed them all into one compartment in my camera bag. When I have the laptop with me, I put the DAC-Amp in one of the padded pockets on my old bag, then the SR225's are folded flat and just go into the documents compartment.

When I had a loaner DX100 I used a Crumpler 1 Million Dollar Home that I got 50% off and normally used with my micro4/3 camera when I didn't need the viewfinder, like for a quick dinner with friends, but now smartphones do well enough for casual snapshots even in low light (saves shutter wear too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back