Portable Fiio amp recommendation,with FiioX3ii??
Jun 29, 2016 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mikek200

Headphoneus Supremus
Can anyone recommend a good amp to be used with the above music player??
I would like to stay with a Fiio,if possible

Thanks,
Mike

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 7
Tried the E11k, but didn't like it. Found it to be too warm and smeared some detail and added too much of a bass hump. I had better results from the E12a but ended up selling that too. To be honest, I didn't find the need for an amp with my portables and IEM's with the X3ii. The X3ii had no issues driving what was in my inventory.

If your looking to power full sized cans, different story I suppose. Some people here have powered HD600's from the X3ii and enjoyed the results. I found it far too thin sounding and preferred an amp.

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 7
  Tried the E11k, but didn't like it. Found it to be too warm and smeared some detail and added too much of a bass hump. I had better results from the E12a but ended up selling that too. To be honest, I didn't find the need for an amp with my portables and IEM's with the X3ii. The X3ii had no issues driving what was in my inventory.

If your looking to power full sized cans, different story I suppose. Some people here have powered HD600's from the X3ii and enjoyed the results. I found it far too thin sounding and preferred an amp.

Notfit,
Thanks for your reply,I will only be using the amp,occasionally,as,I prefer to use my desktop setup,when Listening to my IEM's
I definitely do not want am amp that will change the sound quality.
Last night I was listening to my Mee P1 earphones,which are a 50 ohm,earphone,so I had to crank up the volume level to about 75%,this was on the Fiio X3ii player.

Mike

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #4 of 7
  Notfit,
Thanks for your reply,I will only be using the amp,occasionally,as,I prefer to use my desktop setup,when Listening to my IEM's
I definitely do not want am amp that will change the sound quality.
Last night I was listening to my Mee P1 earphones,which are a 50 ohm,earphone,so I had to crank up the volume level to about 75%,this was on the Fiio X3ii player.

Mike

The E12a is probably your best bet if you wanna stay with in the Fiio system. I'd definitely "try before you buy" or buy from a dealer you can return to. The Fiio X3ii at around 65-75 on high gain sounded better to me with my 30ish ohm Noble 3U's over the E12a.

Edit: I'd like to try me some of those Mee P1's. Hear nothing but good things.

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 7

The E12a is probably your best bet if you wanna stay with in the Fiio system. I'd definitely "try before you buy" or buy from a dealer you can return to. The Fiio X3ii at around 65-75 on high gain sounded better to me with my 30ish ohm Noble 3U's over the E12a.

Dollar vs. SQ & overall quality ,.they are definetly a fine IEM,probably the best I own,now.
You can see,that quality is on the top of the Mee list,even the box that the P1's come with is outstanding,everything has its own little compartment...nice !!!

For me,when you start to listen to these,you start to get totally involved with the music,and it takes you where you want to go...totally relaxing
I'm using mine,with my desktop setup,which is---Asgaard22 amp/Gungnirmb dac,..Some my feel ,this is a bit, over overkill,,but I love it.
I strongly advise you to grab a pair,you won't regret it.

Mike

Jun 30, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 7

I rock the e12A and love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back