portable DAC
Sep 20, 2001 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 17
I would go with the 2702 usb chip Thomas.It really is a self contained device and does not even need an input receiver,just a USB-1 connector ! And it does have the potential to sound very good evidenced by the Wheatfield USB DAC I auditioned at the HE-01 this spring.

And yeah , of course I will send you the plans when finalized,and "battle tested" of course

Sep 20, 2001 at 8:52 AM Post #17 of 17
aos: LOL, I like your rules on DIY design. It is trur that Good parts just keep dissipearing. Evean Transistors. and while the world of Opamps are better than in the Past, Buffers have started to get elusive again. I must say i may have contributed to the nightmares for alot of folks hear at headwize with my elantec recomendations. But that is why when i first started talking about my origenal Portable amp I talked abut the Version based upon the Available BUF-634 rather than mention that i did build another one with Elantec Buffers and i just mentioned this in passing but Headwizers are Watchfull and questions about these Elantec parts started comming up more and more often untill the latest mad search for these parts. well i hope i have not caused any of you to have to up your dosage of Zoloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back