Portable DAC for Samsung S7 snapdragon
Oct 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Strauss95

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for suggestions for a portable DAC to use with my Samsung S7, which is a US model with the snapdragon processor. Also, I am not very good with tech stuff so I'm not sure if I'm capable of rooting my device. 

I do all of my music listening with Spotify premium. At home on my PC I use my v1.0 Dragonfly DAC into a Fiio E12 amplifier, which sounds fantastic. My problem is when I use my phone with only my E12, I notice a tremendous difference in sound quality. So I'm looking for a portable DAC option to stack with my E12 when using spotify on my S7. 

I really love my bass, which is why I would prefer to keep using my E12 as the power and bass boost work wonders. I've looked into the Dragonfly Black, but it seems like some people have been having issues with it trying to run Spotify on the S7. So I'm not sure if that would be an option I should try?

Other than that, are there any other portable DAC's that would work with my combo? Or are there any good DAC/AMP options out there that will provide strong bass like my E12/Dragonfly combo? 

Another option would be getting a new DAP that is android based that I could run Spotify on, but all of those are currently out of my price range ($300). Not really sure what my best options are?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back