Portable DAC/Amp?
Dec 11, 2006 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

katalyst^

New Head-Fier
I have decided to take advantage of the bit-perfect S/PDIF that my laptop provides, and so get a DAC and amp that I can cart around with me for use with ER4-Ss. I do not need portability in the sense of something the size of Xin's amps, and could carry around a Headroom Desktop Portable with wall-wart, but equally I think much more would be really pushing the limits of practicality. I could spend up to around $950 (i.e. a maxed-out Desktop Portable), however, I am quite willing to sacrifice that final few per cent in quality to avoid a steep price/return curve.

The Headroom Micro/Desktop Portable are the two immediately spring to mind, but are there many others?

Thanks
etysmile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 3
check out the corda portas on the meier audio link. they have exactly what you're looking for.

Dec 12, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 3
The HeaRoom Micro Dac is one excellent piece of equipment and one which should make you very happy. As for an amp I would rather get an SR-71 or a Supermacro IV over the Micro Amp w/ the Desktop Module. A hornet would be another choice for an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back