Portable DAC/Amp with specific features?
Dec 3, 2011 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chez

Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy an all-in-one DAC & Amp, but need a few specific features and wondered if those more knowledgeable than myself could help me get together a shortlist.

Ideally, I need something with USB input for use with my laptop (although I have optical out so not a deal-breaker if not), optical digital in and line-out for use with an Airport Express (for output to a pair of AudioEngine A5 active speakers) as well as a line in from an iPhone and it needs to be a good match for my JH13 IEMs.

If it could take a digital signal from an iPhone, that would be a bonus, but i believe the only ones that can are the Fostex HP-P1 and the CLAS but the CLAS isn't an amp and the Fostex only has digital in from an iPod/iPhone etc.

The only one I've seen so far that has everything I need is the iBasso D12 which looks good, but I've read numerous reports of issues with interference from phones which may be an issue as I plan on using it with my iPhone.

Budget isn't really a consideration, so anything from $100-$1000 really, with minimal size being important for portability.

Thanks in advance
Chez

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks, but the dacport is almost useless to me, as the main features I need are optical and line in, as i can use optical for both my laptop and airport express and line for my iphone.  USB input and iphone digital input are nice to have, but not essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back