portable dac/amp with optical out?
Dec 15, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

sh4d3

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I m new in the forum and..after many readings I need help (sorry 4 my american-english :frowning2: )
I ve an iHP140 for main audio source, and now I ve decided to purchase an external dac/amp 4 my headphones and in a non-too-much-far future Senn hd598.

I want to use the iRiver optical out to bypass the internal DAC and to use the external one (4 amp too). I ve thought about Fiio E17 (with adaptors, logically), the new e07k I ve understood hasn t this portable function (only with a pc, correct?).
Any other good possibilities, in the same price range? (both amp and dac)

*I listen to rock, (soft) metal, classical, country, disco, pop and ..commercial :D
*my actual headphones are in my signature :)

Thanks to all and another thanks 4 ur patience and work :)

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Hi guys, I m new in the forum and..after many readings I need help (sorry 4 my american-english :frowning2: )
I ve an iHP140 for main audio source, and now I ve decided to purchase an external dac/amp 4 my headphones and in a non-too-much-far future Senn hd598.

I want to use the iRiver optical out to bypass the internal DAC and to use the external one (4 amp too). I ve thought about Fiio E17 (with adaptors, logically), the new e07k I ve understood hasn t this portable function (only with a pc, correct?).
Any other good possibilities, in the same price range? (both amp and dac)

*I listen to rock, (soft) metal, classical, country, disco, pop and ..commercial :D
*my actual headphones are in my signature :)

Thanks to all and another thanks 4 ur patience and work :)

The Fiio E07K's only digital input is USB (no optical).
The Fiio E17 seems to be the better choice.

Dec 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #3 of 10
Thanks 4 ur answer! :) It seems the unique choice.. :frowning2: 

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 10
..not exactly on the same price range..but it s an alternative :D Thanks!
gs1000.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #6 of 10
...Is the UHA-6S MKII amazing better than the E17? I m a bit undecided.. 
And in the case I buy the first, is the standard OPAMP a good choice, or is recommended to change it (with one of the other 3 in the list, on the official site)?
Sorry 4 so many questions :frowning2: It s my first amp/dac and I d want it s my definitive dac/amp too :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
...Is the UHA-6S MKII amazing better than the E17? I m a bit undecided.. 
And in the case I buy the first, is the standard OPAMP a good choice, or is recommended to change it (with one of the other 3 in the list, on the official site)?
Sorry 4 so many questions :frowning2: It s my first amp/dac and I d want it s my definitive dac/amp too :frowning2:

Grab the Leckerton, you won't be disappointed.

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 10
thanks 4 the answer...so..I think i ll wait for a bit more and..ll buy the Leck :) but..I think it will cost more than the original price (279$): I live in Italy so..adding costs :frowning2: does anyone know anything about them?
p.s. 4 the OPAMP? :D

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
thanks 4 the answer...so..I think i ll wait for a bit more and..ll buy the Leck :) but..I think it will cost more than the original price (279$): I live in Italy so..adding costs :frowning2: does anyone know anything about them?
p.s. 4 the OPAMP? :D

I haven't rolled the OPAMPs so I can't comment on that. You might want to check the For Sale section as I always see a few Leckerton MK-II's and maybe they are willing to ship to Italy.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 10
I ve already seen it, but nothing available, at the moment :frowning2: thanks, again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back