Portable Dac/Amp to drive both HD 650 and LCD-2?
Jul 26, 2017 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheEldestBoy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm quite sensitive to too much volume, too much treble & high-end frequencies (as such, I listen at relatively low volumes).

I'm on a quest to achieve my "end-game" set-up, which will ultimately have to be a very "non-fatiguing" set-up.

My current set-up is as follows:
  • Tidal offline (aka: CD quality) -> iPhone 6 -> Fiio Q1 -> HD 600

My future upgrade goals are as follows (I've done my research and have come to the conclusion that these 2 headphones will likely be my best options re: "non-fatiguing"):
  • HD 650
  • LCD-2

I'm wondering which is the best portable dac/amp option for driving both of these headphones (HD 650 & LCD-2):
  • iDSD Micro Black Label?
  • Chord Mojo?
  • Any other options that I'm maybe unaware of?

Aug 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 2
I have the Mojo and HD6XX (which has the exact same drivers as HD650). Mojo drives it fantastically both in tonality and power departments. I barely pass blue balls (which is almost the pain threshold for me) for your reference. This pairing gives you punchier, faster bass response and mid/low-mid clarity and precise stereo image. Smooth treble presentation of Mojo lets you enjoy the music even more. Non-synthetic instruments gets the most improvements. Piano sound will be completely different for example. You will hear the violin sections, violas and cellos precisely and even also you will point out the small faults of players in an ensemble while playing. Bad recordings will play bad but good ones will blow your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back