• AudioQuest Dragonfly Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fiio E10K

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 26, 2017 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

turtle-kenurtle

New Head-Fier
Hi guys nice to finally join you on the site! I'm looking to buy a new portable dac and amp to use with my headphones. I currently use a Sound Blaster E1 that came bundled with my old ATH-M50x. I currently use a pair of RHA T10's with the bass filters installed and I recently replaced the M50x with a pair of Vmoda Crossfade 2 headphones. I also have a Sound Blaster Z (Haha trust me I'm not a Creative fanboy, they've just worked for me so far) in my PC that I use to drive headphones and surround sound speakers. I'd use the replacement device with my MacBook Pro and my iPhone and I usually stream music through Spotify and Google Play or watch a Bluray. I usually listen to EDM so bass and I go way back but I like to switch it up here and there. I've been eyeing the E5 for a while because creative has released an app for it that lets to mess with the EQ. I used to use an EQ all the time on my old Note 4 but I can't seem to find a good one on the iPhone that works with Spotify (this is the main troublemaker), pandora, and google play. The same goes for the MacBook Pro. The E5 also has Bluetooth support so I can use the vmoda wirelessly and still get better audio quality. I've also heard great things about the Oppo HA-2SE so I was wondering what all of the experts here thought of this situation. I've also looked at Fiio but can't seem to find anything similar, maybe the E12A but that's just an amp right? The device will have to be portable as I will bring it to school with me and will use it around town. Thanks in advance for all the help and I hope you guys have a chill day!

Aug 26, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 4
In my honest opinion I think a DAC/AMP is a little overkill for the headphones, They have very little impedance and are designed to be used with portable devices as is. But if you have your heart absolutely set on picking up a DAC/AMP i'd go for the Dragonfly.

Aug 27, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Because you mentioned you're going to be using it on the go a lot and that's where the Dragonfly Strives, its extremely portable and a phenomenal dac. Moreover the other ones will have power you just wont need. So in mu opinion no point spending the extra money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back