Portable DAC/AMP for iPhone
Sep 16, 2016 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hmohammed43

Head-Fier
Hi all, I'm looking to get a new portable DAC that'll work with my iPhone for when I use my bigger cans, as well as possibly with my PC over USB.

I've had a look at the SoundBlaster E5 and the JDS Labs C5D, although I'd be open to any suggestions for something either pretty neutral, or slightly warm to complement my modded TH-600s and my (soon to purchase) Aedle VK-1s

The only other big thing for me is that they connect by lightning rather than through the headphone jack (not anything to do with the new iPhone, just that I already have a headphone amplifier but I'd prefer something that deals with everything in one, instead of depend on the built-in DAC for the iPhone.)

My budget goes up to around $300, but if there's something that's a little bit higher up in price that does a lot better, I'll definitely look at it.

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 2
Look at the Dragonfly Red or black. I heard the Red as a DAC only as a source of a Ampsandsound Kenzie amp and it was quite good. It can be used out of a iPhone but needs the camera connector not straight to a lightning cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back