Portable Closed (not an IEM) recommendation
Aug 31, 2012 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

EmptyTalk

100+ Head-Fier
I did a search for this already, but most of the threads I found are old. I'm looking for more current advice. I'm looking for a closed portable headphone (not an IEM) for use while commuting, at the library, etc.

I am specifically looking for this: closed with decent isolation; good for unamped use (I will only be driving these with my Sansa Clip or Cowon J3); comfortable; portable; neutral sound (not a bass head); carry case would be nice; budget of $150.00.

What are the current hot products that fit this description? I already own and like the Sony ZX700, but they are a little cumbersome for portable carry (e.g., in a backpack or briefcase).

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 3
The AKG, JVC, Panasonic offers some great sounding closed back headphones and B&W P3, Bose On Ear, Klipsch Image ONE, M80 are great buy under this budget.

Aug 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 3
The V-Moda M80 Shadow is $152 at Amazon currently and would seem to match your requirements well. The JVC HA-S500 would as well for about half the cost, although without a carrying case and leaning a little toward the bass side (a lot until they're burned in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back