Portable, closed headphones for Electronic Music (550-600$)
Nov 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

R4WBIT

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow Head-fiers! Been a lurker for a very long time but decided to register because I'm in need of advice!
My first (and current) pair of decent headphones is ATH-M50, I'm looking in to upgrading these.
I use my headphones daily on the train and bus so isolation is important.
I listen almost exclusively to electronic music (ambient stuff like Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin and Burial) so the bass must be top-notch. Another big plus is if the headphones were portable.
I feel like the M50's are on the edge of too big so not smaller than those. They should also look decent, I don't want to look like a huge dork with giant headphones :wink: My budget is a maximum of 4000SEK which is about 550-600 dollars.
Also, if someone can point me in a direction of DAC:s and Amp:s for my Galaxy S4, it would be nice.

The headphones that are on my mind right now is:
Sennheiser Momentum
AKG K545
B&W P7
Ultrasone Pro 900

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
R4WBIT.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2 of 8
  Hello fellow Head-fiers! Been a lurker for a very long time but decided to register because I'm in need of advice!
My first (and current) pair of decent headphones is ATH-M50, I'm looking in to upgrading these.
I listen almost exclusively to electronic music (ambient stuff like Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin and Burial) so the bass must be top-notch. Another big plus is if the headphones were portable.
I feel like the M50's are on the edge of too big so not smaller than those. They should also look decent, I don't want to look like a huge dork with giant headphones :wink: My budget is a maximum of 4000SEK which is about 550-600 dollars.
Also, if someone can point me in a direction of DAC:s and Amp:s for my Galaxy S4, it would be nice.

Sennheiser Momentum
AKG K545
B&W P7
Ultrasone Pro 900

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
R4WBIT.

Ok, first of all, Maybe the Momentums will not give you the bass you want, same for P7( but i can't comment on  those because i never listen it). The Pro900 is a great headphone for electronic music but is big (in photos appear to be small). Two headphones come to my mind, Sennheiser Hd25, V-Moda M100

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 8
Ok, I'll check those out. Although, it doesn't feel right to buy these headphones when I already own the M50's because it won't be a large upgrade :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #5 of 8

Sennheiser Momentum
AKG K545
B&W P7
Ultrasone Pro 900

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely,
R4WBIT.

Have you considered the Mr Speakers Alpha Dog?

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 8
  No, I have not. Are they portable or are they big like the m50's? :p

Fair point, I take a fairly loose view of portable which, if pushed, is more about isolation and leakage than size. So probably not portable in the slip into a small pocket of backpack sense. Great headphones for the price though...

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #8 of 8
I know they are great for the price but they are just too large for me.. I've listened to the p7s now and the sound was ok.. I really don't know where to go from here :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back