Portable closed back Recommendations?
Jan 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cgrahams

Head-Fier
Hi folks

I'm in the market for a portable closed back. I would prefer if the whole set folded up something like the px-200 but could live with just the cups folding in flat 90 degrees.  To give you an idea of my preferences, I prefer the sound of open backs so would be hoping to find a closed back that comes closest to this.  I will be listening while travelling using a samsung windows phone 7 and fiio e11 with 320 mp3s and flacs.  I own and love Akg 701s and Grado Hf-1(but think I would prefer the driver further from my ear-have a GS1000i on the way!).  I have other phones as well and listen to a variety of music from jazz to acoustic folk but about 80% of my listening is electronic/hip hop.  Budget is not a huge factor but I like a good bang for the buck as much as the next person!  I have listened to the  Aiaiai TMA-1 but find it a little dark for me(I won't be EQ-ing) and the cups don't fold or rotate.  I wouldn't characterize myself as a basshead but a lot of the music I listen to is bass-heavy.  That being said, I'd rather sacrifice a little bass quantity for quality and have it not bleed or muddy the rest of the spectrum.  Anybody have any suggestions to offer?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back