Portable CD Players
Apr 18, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 17
Glad you like it! That's just like my new D-NE300 but the D-NF400 has AM/FM too, I take it. I agree, the solid sound quliaty plus the equalizer takes it over the top compared to the competition. It's nice to have a couple of head-fiers to share the experience with now. For $60 (D-NE300) or $70 (D-NF400) these things are going to make a LOT of people VERY happy (including me!), IMHO.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudySkies
Well I bought the Sony DNF-400 for $70 today. It fits me perfectly with all of its features, and I was able to set the eq to sound close to my old Discman. Not that the DNF-400 doesn't sound good, because it does have a nice sound quality to it, but the Discman just has this certain punchy and big sonic quality to it that none of the newer cd players I've tried could reproduce. I really like the new Sony cd player a lot and highly reccomend it...
280smile.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #17 of 17
Third on the backing of good purchase. Even if you don't use SonicStage (and its ATRAC3/plus scheme), it is a dern good CD and MP3 player. I think the inclusion of the equalizer makes the low end models a tremendous player, especially for daily, portable use. The higher end models are actually smaller, if you can believe it or not, being slightly larger than a 12cm CD diameter wise.

Though if you do use MP3/Atrac3 CDs, be wary of your burn speeds. I notice that my unit (D-NE900) practically pukes when it tries to play VBR MP3s burned at 48x. Which is a little odd, considering the same disc plays with no hiccups or other digestive problems on a previous generation player (D-NE1). Weird.

Other than that, it's a good unit especially for the price. The new Panasonic players with its digital amp, I've also heard and read elsewhere round here, were getting good reviews as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back