portable cd player with good line out?
Mar 22, 2005 at 7:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

walangalam

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, new here. I've been reading on the threads here, and am intrigued by the interest in old cd players (ebay d-25 and d-211) costing in the 100s. While these players have good headphone outs, I have a DIY gilmore amp, so I just need a good line out. please give suggestions on what I should look for.

I'm currently using a d242 diskman, which I think gives me good sound using hd-650 through gilmore amp. But then I dont have a good basis for comparison, as all my sources are just common cd/dvd players.

Thanks

Mar 22, 2005 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 7
my old discman died, and i was suprised to find most of the CD walkmanss on the market don't have a line out. Rather than searching for an older model, I'm debating using an ipod to feed the cosmic in my traveller bag. A 4 gig mini is 225CAD, not much more than the price of a good walkman.

Food for thought.

M

Mar 22, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #5 of 7
I have a D-303, which has an excellent line out. However, it has no skip protection so carrying it around isn't really practical. I just picked up a used iRiver Slimx imp-550. It's definitely a modern player with all the features (and then some) you would expect plus it has a line/optical out. I got it primarily for the optical capabilities to use with my portable DAC. It's a discontinued product but I'm sure you could find one for sale here or on ebay. It should cost you around $100.

Mar 22, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting that the d-ej2000 has an optical line out. This might be the way to go...

I'll see if there are d-303s around.

Mar 22, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by walangalam
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting that the d-ej2000 has an optical line out. This might be the way to go...

I'll see if there are d-303s around.

Check the FS/FT forum, last time I checked there were two D-303 for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back