Portable cans
Apr 29, 2002 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 42
LTUCCI1924:
I'm know nothing about martial arts, but I would one day like to go and maybe get some lessons in some form or another. It does interest me, but I have to say I know as much about martial arts as I do headphones, which is pretty damn near zilch.

zbuddah:
Yeah, the only prices I've seen for them is ~$140, and I'm cheap, so that is alot of money!
biggrin.gif
I might even have to import.

millerdog:
I'm probably going to go to the city this week and see what I can find. I've got $0 at the moment, I was looking planning to buy some cans when the bank balance had steadied. However, if I can see these for a decent price, I might as for a pair to be put away for me.

And no-one worry about spelling, because I post stuff that the total opposite of what I was thinking when I posted!
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2002 at 2:34 PM Post #20 of 42
Is there a real difference in the types of arts? I know that some are totally different from others. but the majority look the same to me.

Apr 29, 2002 at 3:19 PM Post #22 of 42
Wow. That is some very serious stuff.

I would only learn any art for self defence. The two I like the sound of are Savate and Ikedo. Judo and Karate sound interesting too.

Don't worry, I ain't going to try anything at home!
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #23 of 42
hey LTUCCI, uve certainly gotten my attention with ur knowledge of martial arts
tongue.gif
i want to ask ur opinion, im chinese by nativity but was born in the US, my mother, coming from an old fashioned kung-fu village (no joke, farmer town, lots of ppl kno the stuff there) is well into the old fashioned training (ie. waking up early and training for days straight) i have no qualms with this, infact, if given the opportunity i wuld LOVE to train this way, learn some respect and self control in the process

she tends to critisize the martial arts centers here in america as being primarily commercial and trying to focus only on "the cool stuff" im asking you:

in ur training were u only taught these various martial arts as a form of self defense, or self discipline? im looking for both, and personally... id like to learn a combination of kick boxing, grapling moves, and highly influential submission moves i was wondering if u culd give any advice? researchign the martial arts on the internet isnt a very easy thing to do unforunatly
frown.gif

(moderators, if this is too out of line for u, wuld it be too much truble to re-email this post to me?
tongue.gif
)

also, ive been reading about some bad reps on the HD280's recently... wuld u guys recommend me playing it safe and just buy two pairs of KSC35's? (primarily for use with MD and jogging) or one pair of KSC35's and another of 890's? (for home use of course
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 30, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #25 of 42
good to hear it LTUCCI, i was hoping that u wuldnt turn out to be like some other ppl that ive (attempted) to discuss with about this subject matter
smily_headphones1.gif
ty for the comments regarding my mother, u r correct by 100% in all respects, recently ive been trying to work on honor and the such, its been ruff (being a teen) but i think ive progressed quite a bit...

regarding the headphones, yup i was thinking of finalizing with those, right now my current purchase line up looks like:

HD280
MX500
HP890
KSC35

the first 2 r definite as they r on buy.com right now, the last two.. wel the koss's will go first considering theyve been discontinued (for w/e reason i will never be able to fathom)

May 1, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #27 of 42
i completely respect ur views and relations with God
smily_headphones1.gif
personally im agnostic (i wont accept nor discredit any form of religion) for views which i dont want to delv into... the arguments get rather heated and headphones have found enuff flames on this board already
tongue.gif
but to simplify it i think that as a person and given this ability to think for myself, i must learn to respect myself and form my own opinions before i idolize those of others or any other formulations of thought that a particular person may have created, self respect, honor, dignity, and being humble to myself are things i will and am working on, im not going into full blown monk-hood (altho im not dissing it...its just not my lifestyle) and am hoping that once out of this pit-of-hell (HS
smily_headphones1.gif
) my independence will truly allow me to think (public schools r so hindering
redface.gif
)

thx for the suggestions about the headphones, the reason why i listed the others was for portable use mainly... the MX500's because i can, 280's for portability and isolation, and 35's for exercising, 890's for home
wink.gif
i have the ex70's, but after testing some other headphones ive noticed that my preformulated preferences are not up to par with the best
tongue.gif

actually i have connections with someone in malaysia so im asking him if he can hook me up ($35!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

LTUCCI, if ud ever like help with ur english or just like to converse more about such philosophical issues, id be interested
tongue.gif
email is neopoe@hotmail.com feel free if ud like to (altho for all i kno we still have this thread
cool.gif
)

May 2, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
NeoPoe
SIR: Send me your full name and full address to my e-mail you can find it in my profile. And I will send you a new modafided (pads cut the size of a quarter to free the sound yet sill enough pad for confort) in a nice letter or vinel I guess it is bag for the honor of serving a fellow head-fi member who is in need. This will be my honor so please respond. There are no strings attached to this gift. It just my way of showing how GOD works in my life.

thk u LTUCCI i greatly appreciate the offer
smily_headphones1.gif
for now i'll keep a mental reminder about it, but unfortunatly i'll have to pass up on ur offer for now
frown.gif
again tho, i truly appreciate ur offer

can u believe my luck? today i was about to buy HD280's, and buy.com shoots the prices on sennheisers up 20 dollars
frown.gif
there goes my steal purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back