portable battery powered amp/dac for iPod suggestions
Feb 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

erictye

New Head-Fier
As the title says. I fly 5 hours every couple of weeks. I like the sound of the ESS Sabre chip which I realize is not just the chip. I had been eyeing the resonnessence consero hp but alas not battery powered. I also noticed the ADL X1 but just looking for some opinions. My headphones are Shure se535. Also, I would be open to some older models as well on the used market. Really, there is just so much crap out there for a lot of money and really I feel $500-$1000 is simply criminal for what your getting but Im not interested in diy so here I am.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 4
  As the title says. I fly 5 hours every couple of weeks. I like the sound of the ESS Sabre chip which I realize is not just the chip. I had been eyeing the resonnessence consero hp but alas not battery powered. I also noticed the ADL X1 but just looking for some opinions. My headphones are Shure se535. Also, I would be open to some older models as well on the used market. Really, there is just so much crap out there for a lot of money and really I feel $500-$1000 is simply criminal for what your getting but Im not interested in diy so here I am.

Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier, with a few extra batteries, Micca pack $65.
Get the FiiO L cable, $10

Or invest into a Fiio X3.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 4
OK, just doing some research on them... Currently have a 160 gb iPod  and debating dropping a 500 gb in there. Any of these players already set up like that. Looking at the FIIO X5, sounds good except for all the glitches. X3 not even close to having enough room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back