Portable Bass Monsters?
Oct 22, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #16 of 20
+1 on the M80 bass not enough for you.

I don't know about all these other ideas people are giving you. All I can say is read Jokers review of the MS400. I feel they did an excellent job of making a bass phone in a portable that does not bleed all over and obscure the rest of your music. The bass complements and fills instead of overwhelms. Comfort is great. There are a zillion consumer phones out there with lots of bass, just a matter of which ones will still give you some semblance of detail and extends beyond boom, boom, boom.

He talks about the XB500 in that thead too. I haven't tried it and don't really plan on it any time soon, but made for bass and smaller than the 700. Not my bag but read what he says.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-104-portable-headphones-reviewed-klipsch-image-one-added-10-02-12

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #17 of 20
Are their any portable headphones with a similar bass to the ultrasone hfi-580? I am also considering IEM's now because they would get lots of use during school and anywhere I go. If you guys have an awesome IEM you would recommend I would love to hear it, max price of 100$, though I may bump it up if nothing interesting comes up! :)

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 20
I have been very (happily) surprised at the quantity\quality of the bass on the recently discontinued Beyerdynamic DJX-1. Probably can find new (old) stock for a competitive price. I have also read good things about the Aiaiai TMA-1's. Good luck.

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 20
I am honestly considering getting the XB700's (
basshead.gif
) for 80$ from the deals thread and waiting until my current IEMS (Sony MDR-XB20EX) die before buying another pair of portables... :l

Thanks for all the help guys, you all rock! 
k701smile.gif
 but honestly I still haven't made up my mind on what I want to spend some money on

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #20 of 20
I think you should consider the Audio Technica ATH-SJ55 Street DJ Style headphones. Imagine them like a baby M50. They have less bass extension but BETTER bass punch/impact. The only difference is the treble is a bit more recessed than the M50 and the vocals are slightly veiled. Not the best headphones for vocals but they have excellent bass for an $89 headphones. They're mainly made out of plastic but the plastic that they used to make these things are pretty durable; they can withstand moderate beatings. The bass on these things are really impressive, especially when amped for cans below $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back