Portable Balanced DAC?
Jan 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #16 of 19
I definitely hope i can try out a SE input with balanced output amp sometime. Never gotten a chance though. I was seriously considering trying the PB2 specifically. Ive heard that splitting the signal does accomplish quite a bit when it comes to being a balanced signal.

So much to try and not enough in my wallet to try...

Jan 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #17 of 19
What you could have done is get the Astell & Kern AK100. It has an optical out. Then you would just be looking for a portable DAC/AMP with optical in and balanced out - like the iBasso DB2. It does seem a bit odd that the DX50 doesn't have a digital out for the DB2 so you can go from Digital to Balanced. But, then again, iBasso has had enough trouble just getting the DX50 to actually work...
tongue.gif

Yes it does.

I actually don't think you would be giving up that much to just use the analog line-out on the DX50 into a PB2 or some other amp with a single-ended in and a balanced out. Sure, it's not the ideal end-to-end balanced, but people have been doing similar things LONG before there ever was such a thing as digital audio. I think it would accomplish 99% of what you actually need - which is to make sure the amp can most efficiently drive the Audeze using the balanced connections.

Still, yup, I'd skip the balanced DAC too.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #18 of 19
Oh! I looked at the specs on the ibasso site, but it only says "Line out" - do they really mean that's a coaxial digital out?

I have said it many times before, but I will say it again. If Asian companies would simply hire North American or European web designers, they could rule the world. The cr@ppiest websites in the civilized world are Asian electronics companies!!

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #19 of 19
Oh! I looked at the specs on the ibasso site, but it only says "Line out" - do they really mean that's a coaxial digital out?

Nope it's an incomplete list - there are dedicated line out and headphone outputs on the bottom, coax on top.
wink.gif

billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have said it many times before, but I will say it again. If Asian companies would simply hire North American or European web designers, they could rule the world. The cr@ppiest websites in the civilized world are Asian electronics companies!!

Some Westerners don't like Eastern work ethics
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back