portable audio player that can convert to lower quality
Apr 9, 2019 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

freb03

New Head-Fier
Hi there! So i'm here, like a lot of you have been. My ipod classic 160gig is not enough to contain all my music for a long while. I have more than 35,000 songs. The problem is that even if i get another portable audio player, it wont be enough to keep all music in it. That's why i was staying with my ipod, because i can synch with my music and get more songs in it because i synch it as 128kbps AAC. I don't know any other players that have this option. If any of you have the solution to my problem i would be forever grateful to you!
Without any conversion, my original files take about 714gig...

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #2 of 7
Apr 9, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 7
I heard of them, but at the same time i'm not quite confident on the durability and stability of them. If i'm going to pay 500us i want something to last :)

I am reasonably confident that those will last because the third-party vendor will have to rebuild the original iPod classic in order to replace the original platter HD with a set of micro or full-sized SD cards. Granted this can be rather DIY in the approach but honestly I think that more times than not the vendor will "improve" the build quality over what Apple granted the customer in the first place.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #5 of 7
I am reasonably confident that those will last because the third-party vendor will have to rebuild the original iPod classic in order to replace the original platter HD with a set of micro or full-sized SD cards. Granted this can be rather DIY in the approach but honestly I think that more times than not the vendor will "improve" the build quality over what Apple granted the customer in the first place.
thank you! After doing some research, i've learned that sometimes they can bug after a certain amount of songs (around 40,000). Since i'm close to that number, it's something i have to take care of. I've found that you can bypass the itunes app bug by installing rockbox in it. Do you have any knowledge about it?

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #6 of 7
thank you! After doing some research, i've learned that sometimes they can bug after a certain amount of songs (around 40,000). Since i'm close to that number, it's something i have to take care of. I've found that you can bypass the itunes app bug by installing rockbox in it. Do you have any knowledge about it?

I apologize but I i don't have any real knowledge of RockBox on the iPod that much... TBH I am saving up for a dedicated DAP later on this month.

Apr 9, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 7
I apologize but I i don't have any real knowledge of RockBox on the iPod that much... TBH I am saving up for a dedicated DAP later on this month.
ok thank you for your honesty. From the looks of it i'm not close to solve my problem yet... The only way out that i see is that i convert every files i have to a lower quality sample rate (meaning have two files of the same songs) so it can fit to another DAP that can recieve 2x400gb microsd cards... MEEEHHHHHHHH :'(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back