~Portable Amps~
Mar 1, 2007 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

_M2

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, im pretty new to the amp dept. I know there are some amp threads but i couldnt find any info after about 20 mins of searching. I currently use a creative muvo and after i bought the insignia ns-dv2g and the samsung t9, i returned them because the muvo SQ was already good enough after EQ and Eq on the others were poor.

Now, there are so many amp choices ie. Tomahawk, Hornet, Go VIbe...I was wondering which one is the best (price/performance and portable) AND under or about $50 USD. Also keep in mind i need the amp to ship to Canada because i live in Canada. thanks.

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 27
X2! govibe is a very decent amp for the money. checkout norm's site at

http://www.go-vibe-headphoneamp.com/Home_Page.html

the V5/V4 is on sale in your budget range and best of all....both the govibes and pa2v2 are made in canada
wink.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by _M2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^then do you think it is worth getting the govibe since i consider to have such a weak source? and what about the CMOYs on ebay - ie. http://stores.ebay.com/WalkingWolf-Amps-Stuff ? worth getting? muvo rated at 7mw

i dont know much about the cmoys on ebay but the govibe is quite highly thought of in this forum (and many others i suspect). if it were my 50 or so buckaaroos, i'd defnatly go with the govibe.

FWIW, theres a prevailing opinion that the govibe v5 scales up another notch if u hookit up to an elpac 24v psu. a cheap ugrade option if u ever need it
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 27
Also for that price, and also from Canada, is the $54 Xenos 0HA-RHP.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 27
The Zero Audiocraft seems to be respected in the forum, although it is not discussed much.

It is $49.99 plus shipping.

If you do a search for it on Ebay you should find it.

I have recently been looking for a cheap first amp and decided on getting it. It is hopefully now on its way across the Atlantic to me.

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 27
If you look at the bottom of the first post in the thread you linked, Skylab ranks all the amps he reviewed, which pretty much answers your question

He didn't rank the Zero Audiocraft because i'm pretty sure he never reviewed one

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at the bottom of the first post in the thread you linked, Skylab ranks all the amps he reviewed, which pretty much answers your question

He didn't rank the Zero Audiocraft because i'm pretty sure he never reviewed one

Eh, no, he listed the REP not the RHP, and there, i am not sure if there is a big SQ difference with the two.

Also, i was asking if there was anyone else who can rank the RHP and the Z-AC and rank it against his list or just the Go-vibe for that fact + how does the elpac 24v do for the amps?

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Eh, no, he listed the REP not the RHP, and there, i am not sure if there is a big SQ difference with the two.

Also, i was asking if there was anyone else who can rank the RHP and the Z-AC and rank it against his list or just the Go-vibe for that fact + how does the elpac 24v do for the amps?

Correct, I did review the REP not the RHP, and I am nit sure what the differences are, but I still bet for $54 the RHP is a good deal, based on what I heard.

And it's also correct I have never heard a Zero Audiocraft. There are SOOO many portable amp choices!

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Any guesses? Even the slightest one? Or better, are there any other people that can help?

Your only real options are

Go-Vibe V5 ($55usd + $7 shipping) and PA2V2 ($60cdn shipped, includes batteries + ac charger + interconnect mini-mini cable). Both will ship from Ontario, Canada and will save you brokerage/custom fees.

There's tons of reviews within these forums on both of these items... hopefully to aid you in your decision.

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #14 of 27
skylab's correct ofcourse. the xenos rhp is $54 and is made in oshawa, ontario. havent heard all 3amps so cant realy give any valid opinions. if it were me, i'd go with either the govibe or the xenos. O and FWIW, the xenos come with 5yr warranty and a 30day moneyback guarantee. sounds like a winner to me
etysmile.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #15 of 27
I bought skylab's Xenos 0HA-R (gift to my brother) and I own the 0HA-RHP as well. I also have a go-vibe v5 and I must say that its a pretty close race between the amps. I do, however prefer the 0HA-RHP for its tighter base response and ablitly to charge. The go-vibe on the other hand, had a more laid back sound signature compared to the 0HA's forward midrange. I can't really discern the difference between the 0HA-R and the 0HA-RHP, other than the fact that the newer RHP can recharge via the amps battery socket. The xenos site also lists that the RHP has less harmonic distortion than the older R, but to my ears, both amps sound the same. Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back