Portable amps for sensitve BA customs
Apr 12, 2015 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

leezhunjin

New Head-Fier
I'm using a JH16 and an ACS T1, there's this issue with portable audio that I have.

I listen to music at very low volumes, due to having both sensitive ears and wanting to take care of my hearing.Most DAPs tend to have hissing problems with JH16 due to the drivers being so sensitive, I've got to use portable amps that are known to have no hissing to reduce this problem, as well as having an improved amp stage. I've tried a lot of portable amps (the whole line of RSA amps except the intruder, GS Voyager, Fiio E12A for iems, porta tube, Rudistor XJ-03, HIFI-M8, and a bunch more).

The problem is that most amps are designed to provide MORE power to drive harder to drive headphones, and not the ultra high sensitivity customs. So at the volume that i tend to listen to, there's channel imbalance because of my tendency to use only 10-20% of the volume pot. So far the only amp that i can use with the JH is an RSA protector that i suspect has an extraordinary volume pot, there's very little channel imbalance at low volumes. I set it at around slightly <15% volume on low gain.

I'm wondering if there are any amps out there that specifically target these ultra sensitive BA customs for people like me who listen to low volumes? Is there anyone who has the same issues with portable amps?

Even dare to hope that someone reads this and decides to design one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back