Portable amps are tiny but heavy?
Jan 16, 2008 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TSuBaSa

Head-Fier
I ordered my first portable amp: Rockhopper Mini^3. I know its small but how much this thing weigths? You thinnk weight issue is important? And it really changes amp to amp or they all just weights about the same?

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 9
With my Toma and Headsix 60% of the weight is in the battery/ies:wink:

I love both my amps but my initial impression especially for the $300 Toma was I paid $300 bones for a feather (mind you an extremely well built feather but none the less dollar for weight I was miffed but that becomes rectified the minute the first note comes out of the headphone out):)

When I'm on the go I just toss one of my systems in a digital camera bag hung around my neck and I've never had a weight problem:) Just my .02

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 9
thats a relief... I didnt see my amp but my siss sad that its pretty heavy and I'm not sure the 9v batterry include...

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 9
mini3 is comfortable enough to carry around.. its not exactly a pants pocket amp though when connected to an ipod or such.. but with my nano, it actually fits well into a jacket pocket and I don't feel the weight.. it weighs about as much as a similarly sized digital camera, maybe a bit more.. but its bounds tougher. I'm guessing around 200gm.. 7 ounces? its a great sounding little thing though!
biggrin.gif
enjoy!

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks a billion... I got a iRiver t10 but I'll buy an ipod 3gen nano to make possiblble a lod interconnect so I hope they will be great together...

Jan 16, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 9
Here's a little size reference with my 30GB UPod strapped to the Toma:wink:

uPod%20Juicing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back