Portable Amplifier in pocket = blown eardrums?
May 26, 2005 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that I have two amps, one PAV2 and a Gilmore, I want to use my PAV2 with my iPod for a good sounding portable rig. However, how do you keep yourself from accidently shifting the volume on the PAV2 while it's in your pockets, avoiding possible eardrum rupture? Paired with an E4C this seems to be a problem, especially considering already how loud a PAV2 + iPod Line Out is at 2 O'Clock(starts at 12).

May 26, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
If the volume knob is removeable you could try taking it off.

that's actually a good idea. The knob on mine turns pretty easily too. I tried tightening it to no avail. Maybe you could email gary (?), he might have a suggestion.

Taking the knob off would probably help a lot, though. I'll try that next time. Otherwise, you could maybe try using the volume attenuator that came with the e4c's. Turn up the amp, and lower the volume on that, so it can't get much louder.

May 26, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
that's actually a good idea. The knob on mine turns pretty easily too. I tried tightening it to no avail. Maybe you could email gary (?), he might have a suggestion.

Taking the knob off would probably help a lot, though. I'll try that next time. Otherwise, you could maybe try using the volume attenuator that came with the e4c's. Turn up the amp, and lower the volume on that, so it can't get much louder.

OH. There is a volume attenuator? (I haven't recieved my E4Cs yet, just my SA5000)

I guess that solves the problem..
3000smile.gif
:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back