Portable Amplifier for ATH-M50
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bratwurst626

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of the ATH-M50S which I feel sound amazing on their own but I would like to purchase an amp for it. I've been reading a lot and believe the general consensus is that a headphone amp won't do much for my headphones. I still would like to purchase amp for my headphones.

I have two general routes that I've been looking at taking:
1. Fiio E7 ($60 on Amazon) - I like the DAC because currently I'm just using my mother boards on board audio and would like something with a better conversion.
2. Fiio E6 ($30) and ASUS Xonar_DG ($23) - Would have a better sound output than my computer and the E6 is about as powerful as the E7.

I reaching out because I know there are lots of people that know these products much better than I do and I'm wondering what would be the best option for me. Some other factors that might help or not is I usually use my ZuneHD which would only be able to use the amplifier. I also have a Droid Razr Maxx with android 4.0.4. I've seen some information on the web about android outputting audio over usb. I can't find any information if my phone can but if it can it would be nice to have the E7 and use the DAC, but thats only if its supported.

If anyone can help me out with this i would greatly appreciate it.

-Side note I was also looking at the E07K, but that's $90, and I feel it wouldn't be worth it for me and my setup, except for the large battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back