Portable Amp w/RCA's
Nov 28, 2005 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

replytoken

500+ Head-Fier
Are there any other portable amps with RCA inputs other than Headamp's AE-1? I know that Channel Islands Audio has a unit, but I do not consider that portable.

Nov 29, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 9
The LaRocco Pocket Reference II has both RCA and mini input, rechargeable batteries, great amp with bass control, solid case. What's your source and what phones?

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 9
PPA V2 .. Trans-portable and RCA

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 9
Add Headroom's Desktop Portable to that list too...

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:32 AM Post #8 of 9
My phones will be Ety Er-4's and Senn HD-600's. The present portable source is a Panasonic SL-CT470, but I want to tap into my home tuner and CDP as well.

The LaRocco looks interesting, but they have very little information on their web site. The Rudistor,the Grado and the Desktop are transportable, but not what I consider portable. As far as the PPA, I believe it is a DIY, and that's just not my gig. So, it looks like I need to find out more info. about the LaRocco and to compare it with the AE-1.

Unfortunately, Justin at Headamp has sugested that if I can give up portability, that their Gilmore Lite will be a step up in sound quality. I wish I knew how much sound quality you give up by going to a battery powered unit. Its a similar issue with Headroom's Micro when comparing the Micro module with the Desktop module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back