Portable amp under 100$..help needed
Aug 9, 2007 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dutchess of York

100+ Head-Fier
My dad refuses to buy IEMs, so he insists on wearing his earbuds or on-ear headphones when he travels, but always complains about the volume. A while back, i bought him a pair of noise canceling headphones, but they still will not reach the volume that he wants.

Last week he saw a portable headphone amp in radioshack (boostaroo revalution). I told him not to get it, and that i would do some research for him, so along with a volume gains, i could use it with my rig when he is not using it.

Ive read all the recent review posted on this forum, still wasn't sure which of the few amps stood out in the limited 80-130$ range. Any body have advice for a low budget amp? Thanks for your help.

The amp would be used with his Bose Triports and my SR225s/HD650s/S.Fi5Pro

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 8
I have been very pleased with my Headroom Total BitHead amp. Despite its wee size it has no problem driving my HD650s. The Total Airhead is equivalent without the USB port, and retails for $99.

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you order by tomorrow, you an still get a microshar uAMP107, for 56 bucks + shipping , not a bad little amp IMO, I think it'll push you phones just fine,

All I see is the amp for $135. Is there another link for that $56 price?

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Fourth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I see is the amp for $135. Is there another link for that $56 price?

The sale's over for now. They seem to be quite frequent, though - wait another while and you may get lucky.

Aug 11, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbrandt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been very pleased with my Headroom Total BitHead amp. Despite its wee size it has no problem driving my HD650s. The Total Airhead is equivalent without the USB port, and retails for $99.

I had the Total Bithead and I like the fact that it could drive even the AKG 701s on the high gain setting pretty well. Also, the price can't be beat. Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back