Portable Amp that could do speakers amp too?
Jun 4, 2008 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

IPC_Skeeder

Head-Fier
Hi!

I've a Ultrasone PL 750 that don't really need head phone amp with my Soundcard. But with my musicphone, I think that a Portable Amp would be perfect, just to get a louder and nicer sound.

So I was considerating buying a "cheap" portable amp (60-80$) for my travel-time (no more than 5 hours/month, so I dont really need a great one, just a good one).

But, I'm going on vacation, I'll be somewhere with two nice 150W RMS speaker (Home made, good quality), without any amp :/. I was wondering if it was possible to find portable headphone amp that could do speaker amp job just for few days. Because, if I don't use those 150W RMS speaker, it would be like 2W RMS crappy speakers for 10 days :/. My aim is not to get a pure perfect sound on those 150W RMS speakers, but a correct sound, better than 2W crappy speakers.

Do you have any suggestion
biggrin.gif
?

PS: I've a Portative (old) Pre-Amp, it may help the amp (?)

Jun 5, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its twice of your budget but the only one I know.

GoodSound! "Equipment" Archives

Google for more reviews and better price on it before you buy.

Just noticed that you from Europe that could be a problem to get it cheap.

I believe that is for speakers only and is not portable (no battery option), though it does look small enough to be a portable HP amp.

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #6 of 9
1W RMS for headphone is considered very powerful, on the other hand you can find punny speakers rated at 5W RMS.

Why not just get a pair of active computer speakers if sound quality isn't of concern and you gotta travel with a pair of speakers?

Jun 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #7 of 9
Hum, maybe the best thing to do, is to get an affortable portable amp, and a separated cheap speaker amp (Or maybe a DIY ?) that don't need to be portable.

Or a non-portable amp that can do headphone and speakers, small size, light weight, and I would bring batteries to power him during the travel.

I can't bring speakers, because I'm traveling by train, so I am very limited with my bags :/

Jun 7, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back