Portable Amp Suggestions
Mar 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Xinze

100+ Head-Fier

Would someone that's knowledgeable in this area give me a comparison between the FiiO E6 and the FiiO E11?

Price isn't really much of an issue for me, the E11 goes for $64 while the E6 goes for $28. Both have positive reviews so I'm assuming that the E11 is just another step up, but is it worth the price?

Headphones the amp will be for are the Shure SRH840 and Monster Turbine Pro Gold. I also have the FiiO L9 LOD on my list because I've heard that many people say the sound from the connector is much better than that from the headphone jack. Is the $15 L9 worth it over the regular 3.5mm connector that the both the FiiOs come with?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, gracias.

EDIT: On another note, should I purchase the items now on Amazon with my own money, or should I wait 11 days for my SAT scores to come out and try to catch my parents in a good mood?

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 3
The Fiio E11 are better in term of soundquality and they are littlebit bigger than E6 but sound definitely better and Fiio L9 are also good buy because made by Copper and Copper enhance the sound than Silver cables.

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 3
Ordered a FiiO E11 and the Beyers along with it, really hoping that they match well. 

I wanted a DAC because I could also use it with my laptop, but with HDMI audio out and a home theater receiver, I thought it would be a much cheaper and efficient way to get past the laptop's DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back