Portable amp required for Beyer DT 770Pro 250
Jul 19, 2005 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

arcadian_soul

Head-Fier
Through stupid mistakes i've ended up with the 250 ohm version, and and currently carrying around an amp w/ 12AA batteries. Not very portable. The amps I'm currently looking at would be the mini or maxi moy, or a mint amp thru this site: http://www.headphones.com.au/prod_on...ductID=161#top

a pretty big rip i agree, but it's the only site in aus i've found that do any portable amps! I'm told the ad series is better suited to the beyers than the opa series, and that's where i'm leaning towards the mint.

Are there any noticeable differences btw the two amps in your opinion that have pushed you one way or another?

I was told the go-vibe was well suited, but without a return policy it very quickly became unattractive.

With all this in mind, are there any suggestions u can give me? I will also be purchasing a pair of dj headphones soon, (low impedance, high max input power), so would like an amp ultimate for both high and low impedance phones, and that can be powered both through batteries when portable or a charger when at home.

Thanx in advance guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back