Portable Amp question
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

derek800

500+ Head-Fier
I am thinking about getting a new set of full size can's and I like the look of the Denon D2000. I'm just curious if the Fiio E5 will power these enough because I don't want to spend a lot on an amp and I usually use only use my 5th Gen. ipod with my headphones. The new Shure 840's have peaked my interest as well but I don't know when those will be out exactly.

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 7
The shure headphones have peaked all our interests, especially at only $199 for the top of the line.

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 7
Also another question I have is would these make any difference with the Sennheiser HD212's that I currently own, does anyone here have this combo? I like the sound of them already but I just wanted to know if these would benefit from the fiio E5 as well or if they are adequately powered by the ipod.

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 7
"what extra power?? ... they only boost the bass :|"

From what I've read about the Fiio E5, I know that it does have a bass boost button but I don't believe that it only boosts bass. From some of the reviews I've read it is supposed in increase bass, treble, and soundstage. I am just curious if this would give enough power for something like the D2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back