Portable Amp Question - Headsave most likely
Dec 16, 2003 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

WindyCityCy

100+ Head-Fier
I have Beyer DT-880 for home usage with Meier-Audio Corda HA-1 MKII and boulder ICs and really like the setup. Travel quite abit and am looking into a more portable rig. Here's my question:

With Grado SR-325s how would the Headsave amps work. After researching the forum I'm leaning toward a custom Headsave Elite SL with Battery 9V for power or the Headsave Tempo. Ironically, the Headsave Tempo appears to be larger in dimension. Please post your thoughts on the fit of these components (which might be better). The source will soon be an iPod or similar HD MP3 player and occassionally my laptop or my home CD player. Thanks.

Dec 16, 2003 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 4
For that price, Misterx (think that's his name on these boards) can make you a much better amp. Send him an AIM @ X86inside.

He built my custom PPA and I'm quite pleased...he'll work with your budget, but will exceed the components of the Headsave Elite SL.

Dec 17, 2003 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Harkamus-

Any pics of your amp from misterx. What headphones and sources have you tried the amp with. thanks.

Dec 17, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 4
Sure.... Thought you'd never ask. :p

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

My source is an Audigy 2 ZS with upgraded op amps.... X86Dude as he's known to me, replaced the craptastic opamps with ADA8620s.

My cans...I'm a basshead. Beyerdynamic DT 770 non-pro.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back