portable amp/phones combo suggestions
Nov 1, 2009 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gt67

New Head-Fier
OK, I have an iPod classic and am looking for suggestions for the best combination of portable amp and headphones for £250 max. Is it best to spend more on one rather than the other or split the budget 50/50 (as much as possible)

I have searched the forums and am still confused as to what to buy so any help welcome.

me =
confused.gif

Thanks for your help.

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #3 of 5
Personally, If you already have a set or sets of phones then i would say buy an amp and see how they sound. You may be surprised what you already have is boosted to another level sonic wise and not just volume wise.

If you are starting from scratch, pay more for a pair of iems/headphones and get yourself an amp by FiiO. A nice and cheap way of getting yourself into portable amps. If you have £60 left to budget for an amp then a Pa2v2 amp would be nice for you. Made personally by Gary here
Quote:
OK, I have an iPod classic and am looking for suggestions for the best combination of portable amp and headphones for £250 max. Is it best to spend more on one rather than the other or split the budget 50/50 (as much as possible)

I have searched the forums and am still confused as to what to buy so any help welcome.

me =
confused.gif

Thanks for your help.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 5

you have a good source. i'd spent all of your budget on a good pair of headphones that don't need an amp. then later on get an amp for ****s and giggles and see how much further that takes you. 250 pounds sets you up for a wide variety of good choices.

Quote:

me =
confused.gif

Thanks for your help.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 5
@ gt67.

The Vsonic 07 I would push you towards. That will leave you with about £120 in your kitty. I would also nudge you towards iBasso (D-Zero) for $109.

That`s all the help I can give. That combination with an LOD with your spare cash should keep you happy until you want more.
Nice starter kit, tbh more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back