Portable Amp & LOD for ipod 5.5g w/ Rockbox & JHA10x3
Oct 19, 2011 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

digitalsufi

New Head-Fier
Finally took the custom-monitors plunge over the summer and got JHA10x3s. Great stuff, used it w/ Iphone4 for a while, but I think I'm ready to invest in a portable amp. Any suggestions on what route I should go for? What amp goes best with 10x3s?

FWIW, I listen to a lot of classical & folk stuff w/ heavy emphasis on vocals. It needs to be portable, and not too expensive. I was thinking TTVJ Slim along with a low-profile LOD....comments?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #3 of 4
TTVJ slim would be an excellent choice for the genre of music you listen to.  Really does
well with vocals. I'm having traders remorse in letting mine ggo but find the arrow 3G mmore well suited for what I listen to (including  classical, but more bass heavy music like soul/hip hop/reggae/dancehall.  I use them with silver recabled er4p by chris_himself so the darker sound of the 3G meshes will with them (I know bass and er4ps sounds wierd but with the arrow bass boost and silver Recable, it does wonders for the bass and lower mids and even the sparkly highs - making them an awesome choice for versatility and portability). 

There's a slim with dac for a great price on the boards right now.  I'd jump on that but trying to think as a minimalist right now =P.  Battery life on the slim is awesome! The bright light is kind of annoying but def not a deal breaker considering how well they do sound with jazz, vocals, and classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back