Portable Amp- interconnect?
Jun 20, 2009 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jh901

New Head-Fier
Is there a good thread here somewhere to give me a run down of interconnect options for my Fuze --> FiiO E5?? Not looking to spend a bunch, but hoping for a decent upgrade to the one included.

Many thanks!

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 4
thanks boomy. i should have known to shop there considering I have a headroom amp!

so i guess you recommend C3-pro? how would it compare to the Shure SE series?

also, wondering if you considered the Squeezebox Duet or Transporter rather than the soundcard of your pc......

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #4 of 4
I have not heard the Shures. For a budget minded "Best Bang For The Buck" IEM, I definitely recommend the C-3 Customs. Have not had the JH13 pleasure yet but can't see myself alotting that much cash for a set of IEM's ( save a financial windfall).
My new babies are the Victor/JVC (japan) HP FX500's (woodies) Best Dynamics for me to date. I liken them to the Denon AHD5000's of IEM's.

My X-fi card is now gone ( well It's in a box) as the computer went chi chi arrivas.
Other than my Ipod, I've been running my Acer with Realtek audio into one Indeed little tube amp. or into an Alesis Io2 USB Midi/DAC (USB Powered so it's great with the little netbook) Balanced interface into two Indeed amps. One for the right and one for the left. My attempt at a cheap "Psuedo-Balanced" sound. So Far I'm liking it alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back