Portable amp ideas
Apr 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Pantocrator

Head-Fier
Hey, I am looking for some amp ideas for the following possible rig.

iphone> line out> amp> headphones (Grado 325i or 225 or AKG or Bose or Sennheiser, still browsing).
I have seen rockhopper audio's mini3, but I have heard recommendations of a 2move as well.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 13
what is your budget and are you looking for cans, iems... i'm a noob too but normally peopel will ask these questions in helping you decide

Apr 22, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 13
cans... the mini3 is about 130 bucks, and that seems fair. I don't know what I should expect for a cost, so I am just taking ideas right now.

Apr 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 13
Awesome thread... just amazing the amount of time put into it.
I am now looking into the corda 2move, the mini3, and the headamp pico. they are all at different price ranges, and I am leaning most towards the cheapest- the mini3. Do you think that the price difference with the 2move is worth the extra cash?

Apr 23, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 13
No, I owned the Corda Move (not the 2Move) and the Mini^3 bests it.
I have used the low gain Mini^3 with the AT-ESW9 and Denon AH-D2000 and
it sounds terrific with both. I have a pair of SR225's on the way and I expect the two will be a match made in heaven.

Apr 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantocrator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I am looking for some amp ideas for the following possible rig.

iphone> line out> amp> headphones (Grado 325i or 225 or AKG or Bose or Sennheiser, still browsing).
I have seen rockhopper audio's mini3, but I have heard recommendations of a 2move as well.
Any ideas are appreciated.

How about considering the IBASSO P2? Very good value for money high performance amp. I've been using the Ibasso P2 with the Grado RS2. Sound quality was almost close to the pico if not the same. There's three adjustment level for the bass and gain.

Apr 24, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #13 of 13
i have the ibasso P2 and use it with the hfi-780 and it pairs pretty well. I like how there's the bass boost and the gain as compared with the mini 3. I have a friend who swears by the mini so i think it's all up to preference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back