Portable amp for zen vision m
Mar 15, 2009 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

homers54321

100+ Head-Fier
im thinking of buying an amp for my ZVM 30GB. My price range is about $50-$60. I listen to mostly rock/rap/electronic music. My priority is an amp that best matches the ZVM form factor. SQ comes second. What are your thoughts on the PA2V2? Its form factor is a bit smaller than the ZVM, but it falls in my price range.

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 4
You could always go with a PenguinAmp Caffeine or similar CMoy type amp from ebay. You could also make your own CMoy! The Altoids/Penguin tin is pretty close to the shape and size of a ZV:M.

They're not quite the same size or shape as the ZV:M, but the FiiO E3 is a pretty nice little amp, and it's less than $10. I also hear the E5 is pretty good, but I have no experience with it.

I personally haven't heard any CMoy amp, so I can't really attest to the sound quality, but from what I've read around here, they're pretty good. I purchased almost all of the parts that I needed to make my own almost 2 years ago now, but I've never built it.
frown.gif
I should really give it a try.

Just out of curiosity, what headphones will you be using with this setup? Edit: Westone UM1, I'm guessing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back