Portable AMP for X3+Miracles
Jul 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PiteCZek

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys, so I have preordered FiiO X3 and I´m going to get my Miracles soon (hopefully till the end of August) and I thought, that maybe I could boost this setup by buying some portable AMP (I can almost hear my wallet crying :D

I don´t care that much about the money, I just want the best SQ that I can get and good battery life (+-10h). I don´t mind if it is a brick ( although small size would be a + ).

I was thinking about headstage arrow 4G or pico slim, but I am not sure. I also want the best cable possible (again, I don´t care how much it costs) could you help me choose?

And the last question, do you think that if I buy a better DAP let´s say in a year (something like AK120,DX100) that the AMP wouldn´t lower it´s SQ? Thanks :)

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
And I presume that DX100 or AK120 wouldn´t benefit from external AMP so there is no reason in buying it (I mean buying AMP), right? :)

Yes. I have the Miracles and use a Japanese DX100 the HDP-R10 myself. 

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 10
I agree, a DX100 or RWAK120 (Low headphone output impedance 'Red Wine' version of the AK120) would be the ultimate and most sensible option.

If you do decide to stay with the X3 and just get a good portable amp I'd have a look at the Portaphile 627 or 627X or the cheaper but very versatile, twin amp circuit, Lear FS02-V2, 

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 10
Thanks for your advice, I think I´m gonna stick to the idea of DX100 (or HDP-R10) without amp rather than having X3+AMP :)
Good choice. I recommend that you go for the HDP-R10 since it has better battery life, more features and better sound. It costs around the same as the DX100, maybe around $50 more, but it is well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back